Saturday, February 10, 2007

Are Bloglines and Del.cio.us Useful Technology Tools?

Absolutely! I had never heard of either of them until a few days ago. Now, I find myself using them over and over.

Bloglines make it easy and convenient for someone to find and read blogs. It is an excellent tool for organizing all your favorites. You have the capability to organize the blogs by creating files. I have already put several of my favorite blogs in files. Bloglines also lets you know when there is a new blog entry that has not yet been read. A number appears near your file indicating how many new blogs entries are waiting to be read by you. My near future plans are to put many blogs pertaining to technology and library on Bloglines. From now on there will only be one place that I need to go to retrieve and read my blogs. I am really enjoying using it and anxious to learn more.

Another super and convenient tool to use is Del.cio.us. Del.cio.us is an excellent tool for organizing all my favorites/bookmarks. Anyone who has seen my favorites list knows that I need something to help keep them all organized. With Del.cio.us I can bundle my favorites in categories (which I have already done). I can set up a Network, so I can see my friend's blogs as well and they can see mine. For those favorites that you want to keep confidential, you can simply instruct it to not share. The best part of Del.cio.us is that I do not have to be on my own computer to find my favorites. I can be anywhere in the world, login to Del.cio.us and find my favorites. It is easy, simple to use and it's just a click away.

I plan on sharing information about Bloglines and Del.cio.us with my family, friends and co-workers.

http://www.bloglines.com/
http://del.icio.us/

No comments: