Monday, May 7, 2007

My AHAs for ETEC 524

I have thoroughly enjoyed all the technological skills that I have acquired during this ETEC class. I have many AHAs that I would like to share. First, I am happy to learn how to evaluate websites. This will come in handy as a middle school librarian. For me to be able to lead students to certain websites, I need to be sure that the site contains accurate and legit information. I will be able to teach the students how to evaluate websites as well.

Next, I am delighted to have learned how to create a website using Dreamweaver. As a school librarian, I plan on creating a highly developed website for the library. This website will be uniquely designed full of educational information, useful links, colorful graphics and pictures, etc. Dreamweaver will help me accomplish this.

I have always wanted to know how to create a film on the computer. Now, I know how thanks to this class! Windows Movie Maker is so easy to use. It is easy to create and modify film and pictures. I love being able to develop slide shows using Movie Maker. I like how you can zoom in and out of pictures. I will use Movie Maker to present films and slide shows of activities that occur in the school library.

Probably the most awesome and "coolest" technological tool that I learned in this class was about virtual worlds. Second Life is unbelievable. It amazes me at how you can create your own world and use it for educational purposes. I would love to develop a virtual library. It would be fantastic! I could create lessons and activities for students to accomplish in the virtual world. The students would absolutely love it. I have already shared this with my nephew who is in the eighth grade. He thinks it is great and already knows more about it than I do.

I am so thankful for having the opportunity to take this class! The knowledge I have gained will help me to fulfill my goal of being a successful school librarian.


No comments: