Monday, April 9, 2007

Technological Innovations

The use of a television in a classroom has expanded over the years. Not only can one watch an educational VHS, DVD or cable station, one has the capability to conduct an interactive class by the way of video conferencing. Gradually more and more of these types of conferences are becoming available. This is an excellent way to learn and communicate with someone anywhere in the world. Every time, I have had a class by the way of video conferencing, all my students were engaged in learning, eager to ask questions and find out answers. I always try my best to keep all my students engaged in my lessons. During a video conference, I don't have to try, they just engage into the discussions by themselves.

Unfortunately, most video conferences are very expensive. Because of proven successful learning that video conferences give students, I would push that they be included in the budget. Even if it is for each class to participate in a conference once or twice a year, I believe it would be worth it. Just experiencing it would enlighten students. Hopefully, over the next few years, the conferences will not be so expensive, that way all children will be able to benefit from them.

No comments: